NHS’s results show progression well above national average
As with VCE results, NAPLAN results provide the school with an annual snapshot of cohort achievement, trend data and of the learning progress of individuals. As a school we use this data to inform curriculum planning and target instruction. From this year’s NAPLAN data we have identified several highlights from our students’ performance.
Over the last five years, Northcote’s Year 7 and Year 9 groups have achieved results above the state and national averages in all NAPLAN test areas of Numeracy, Reading, Writing, Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation. This consistently high performance continued in 2017:
- Well above the Australian average;
- Well above the Victorian average; and
- At consistently the same level for demographically similar schools.
Of particular note in 2017 are the following points:
- Consistent high level of relative growth for our Year 7 students from Year 5 across all test areas Reading, Writing, Spelling, Numeracy and Grammar and Punctuation.
- High level of relative growth for our Year 9 students from Year 7 across the test areas of Reading, Writing and Grammar and Punctuation
NHS’s results show progression well above national averages and comparable to, or better than, similar schools. The results are a wonderful endorsement of our students and their teachers.
You can see NHS results on the My School ACARA website (click to follow link)