Policies you should be aware of
- Child safe standards (Click to follow link)
- Identifying and Responding to Student Sexual Offending (Click to follow link)
- Identifying and Responding to All Forms of Abuse in Victorian Schools (Click to follow link)
- Student accident and insurance
The school does not hold insurance for student accidents or loss of property. Parents are reminded that the Department of Education (DET), and Northcote High School do not provide personal accident insurance or ambulance cover for students. Parents and guardians of students, who do not have student accident insurance/ambulance cover, are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including the cost of ambulance attendance / transport and any other transport costs. All private property ( including electronic devices) brought to school by students, staff or visitors is not insured and the Department of Education (DET) and Northcote High School does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage. That is, "owner onus" applies! This also includes motor vehicles and bikes belonging to students and parents. Student accident insurance/ambulance cover policies are available from some commercial insurers, and can be obtained by parents/guardians for individual students
- Practice on the use of student images (Click to follow link) - how the school uses student images
- See also 'Information for Parents' regarding this policy.
Parenting advice from Michael Carr Greg
Parenting advice from Andrew Fuller
Parenting Tips by Michael Grose
Michael Grose is a well known writer and speaker on parenting. Click here to go to his website Parentingideas.
Northcote High School is a subscriber member of Parentingideas and is delighted to present some of Michael's commentaries on parenting issues for our community's use. The commentaries are Michael's comments and opinions, not school policies.