Northcote High School's VCE Partner schools
Northcote High School is the only Government school is the State of Victoria to be registered to work with Chinese schools to offer the Victorian Certificate of Education. Our Chinese partner schools are:
Hebei Province, China
(Located in countryside 12 kms to the south of the city, east of Hengshui lake)
|Baotou Foreign Languages School||Also known as No1 Senior Middle School of No1 Machinery Group, Baotou, Inner Mongolia, China
(Located in the residential district 3kms east of the CBD)
Why Study the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)?
1. The VCE is an internationally-recognised senior secondary certificate.
It offers opportunities for Chinese students to continue their education at leading universities around the world. The VCE offers excellent preparation for successful study at leading English language universities. More than 3,500 Chinese students have completed the VCE since it began in China. More than ninety percent of Chinese VCE graduates have gone on to study at universities in Australia, the USA, the UK and Canada!
2. Because Melbourne, Victoria, is the world's most liveable city for University students!
Again and again, Melbourne is named as the world's most liveable city. The title is awarded to the city with the highest score for stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure. When you go to University, you'll be living in a safe and vibrant city that offers world-class study options, services and the widest range of things to do.
3. Because six of Victoria's 10 Universities are in the top-ranked universities of the world.
Victoria is a global knowledge hub and we attract the world's best academics and researchers. (click here to follow link to University rankings)
4. And because 175,000 international students studied in Victoria in 2016!
Often called Australia's cultural capital, Melbourne is home to the attractions that make the Australian lifestyle so appealing!
(Click on the image to watch)
Resources and Links for Students
Victorian Curriculum & Assessment Authority (VCAA)
- VCE in China (Chinese)
- VCE Frequently asked questions
- Learn about the VCE
- Rules and Advice for 2017 VCE Unit 3-4 Exams in China
Step-by-Step Instructions for Completing the GAT
VCE exam navigator for offshore students
Northcote High School
Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
Other Resources for Students and Teachers
Past Exam Archive
VCE Unit 1-2 Study Designs
- EAL Bridging Course
- English as an Additional Language Units 1-2
- Chinese First Language Units 1-2
- Maths Methods CAS (Computer Algebra System) Units 1-2
- General Maths Units 1-2
- Physics Units 1-2
VCE Unit 3-4 Study Designs
- English as an Additional Language Units 3-4
- Chinese First Language Units 3-4
- Maths Methods CAS (Computer Algebra System) Units 3-4
- Physics Units 3-4
- Further Maths Units 3-4
Resources for Western Teachers thinking of work in China
Recruitment sites that offer good advice
- Cathay Teachers
- Teach Away
- New Life ESL
(Derrick from New Life also has good advice on YouTube - see here and here)
Dave's ESL Cafe
Employment, Customs and traditions in China
- Kwintessential - Guide to Etiquette & Customs in China
- Salary expectations in China
Hudson Recruitment - Work in China
Living and travelling in China's Environment
- Pollution in China - an overview and links
- Dr Elizabeth C Economy - Address "The Environmental Challenge to China's Future"
Real Time World Air Quality Map The map is real time and constantly updated. (Note - use the zoom - in option to determine the level of Air Quality in a precise location)