Northcote High School has a reputation as a leading provider of rigorous academic education. Most significantly, our school has maintained and sustained its absolute commitment to providing an exemplary education to the young people of Northcote and surrounding areas.
2020 VCE results
We are very proud of our class of 2020. This cohort have demonstrated resilience; creativity; tenacity and care for each other, and they have not allowed the extraordinary challenges of COVID-19 distract them from achieving their best. We are delighted with the VCE and VCAL results achieved, which included 40% of our students with ATARs over 80, putting them in the top 20% of students in Australia; 85 students with study scores of 40+ and 100% satisfactory completion in VCAL.
Some other highlights included:
- Dux: Alice Brown, with an ATAR of 98.15
- 40 students with ATARs over 90
- 2 Perfect Study Scores: in Health and Human Development and Visual Communication Design
The graphics below outline further highlights.Congratulations to the class of 2020!
2019 VCE results
Our class of 2019 achieved outstanding results, the best since 2015. 40% of our students achieved ATARs over 80, putting them in the top 20% of students in Australia. 30 separate subjects recorded one or more Study Score of above 40 (this puts students in the top 9% in that study), with many subjects achieving multiple 40+ scores. Some other highlights included:
- Dux: Tran Duc Manh, with an ATAR of 99.4
- 47 students with ATARs over 90
- 3 Perfect Study Scores: in Extended Investigation, Visual Communication Design, English as an Additional Language (EAL)
The graphics below outline further highlights.Congratulations to the class of 2019!
NAPLAN (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) is an annual assessment for all students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 in Australia. The tests cover skills in reading, writing, spelling, grammar and punctuation, and numeracy. The assessments are done every year in May.
As with VCE results, NAPLAN results provide the school with an annual snapshot of cohort achievement, trend data and of the learning progress of individuals. We use this data to inform curriculum planning and target instruction.
Over the last five years, our Year 7 and Year 9 groups have achieved results above the state and national averages in all NAPLAN test areas (Numeracy, Reading, Writing, Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation).
This consistently high performance continued in 2019:
- Well above the Australian average
- Well above the Victorian average
- At consistently the same level for demographically similar schools.
Of particular note in our 2019 results:
- Consistent high level of relative growth for our Year 7 students from Year 5 across all test areas.
- High level of relative growth for our Year 9 students from Year 7 across the test areas of Reading, Writing and Numeracy. The writing results at Year 9 were particularly impressive.
These results show progression well above national averages and comparable to, or better than, similar schools. The results are a significant endorsement of the excellent performance of our students and their teachers.
To see our NAPLAN results, visit My School website.