The John Cain Library is a welcoming community space that supports the school’s teaching and learning programs. It is used extensively by students who come to read, study, play games, socialise and relax. We have developed a high quality collection of young adult and adult fiction, including eBooks; audio books; graphic fiction and foreign language titles; as well as access to online research resources.
The library supports the development of students as readers and digitally literate learners by:
- Providing all students with equitable access to the wide range of contemporary physical and digital resources they need to complete their course work
- Encouraging a love of books and reading for pleasure
- Delivering orientation and research skills programs
- Assisting students in safely navigating digital environments and protecting their privacy
- Running an active lunchtime book club and student assistant program
- Hosting visiting author workshops